Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter 2010 Concord Style

Getting their outfits ready the night before, I pulled out a few headbands Kiki gave to Greta and Will seemed to like one in particular. He was such a stinker and didn't want me take his picture saying, "No, no, no" and shaking his head as if he were embarrassed, but not quite so to take it off.

We woke up the next morning and Adam sprinkled jelly bean filled eggs in the yard and hid their Easter baskets.
For their baskets, I didn't want to repeat with more candy that I'd just have to fight with them about how many pieces they get now, put that one back, give it back to Will, yadda yadda yadda, so I bought them each a Fisher Price Little People toy instead. They were BOGO at Toys R Us and did just the trick. Fisher Price is very pc with their minorities as Greta has an African American female pilot and Will has a female Asian farmer.


I don't know about you, but I like to dress really nice on Easter. I'm talking really really good looking nice. I do what I can folks.


Awesome family picture #1.


Awesome family picture #2. Will was hungry and tired sooo we tried. I really don't mind pics like these as I can look back on this and remember, "Oh this was the age that Will was really wiggly and tempermental when hungry and Greta still hasn't really learned to pose for the camera yet."


But she is my sweet girl.


Even if she doesn't smile on cue.

Thanks Leebs. Much better.


Beautiful.




And to kick off our Easter, Concord style, we did a weenie roast in our backyard that night with our very first bonfire! We were a bit nervous having an open fire in the backyard with not exactly having a firepit, but one call to my dad and I was feeling much better.
Me: Well, I'm just worried that since our field lines are connected to our septic tank that somehow they might catch on fire and burn underground and blow the septic tank up.
Dad: Well, wow. That's quite an imagination you've got there. I would be worried about the flames getting too high. You don't want to burn down any planes.
But Leigh Anna and I gathered various bricks around the yard, made a giant circle and we were able to burn all the brush that we've collected around the yard for the past year. Our buddy, Ben (far right, plaid) even brought his guitar and we sang songs around the fire and listened to his mad skillz (as Adam would say).


We did it easy. Hot dogs, chips, soda and cake. We didn't even have any skewers but the guys were nice enough to carve up some sticks for us. Heck, for that matter I didn't even have any hot dogs since I found them still in the car from a few days previous when I originally bought them. Thanks to Dad R. who pulled through for me with a last minute stop to the store and re-stocked us.


Cousin Treacy and her boyfriend, Madison, were there visiting from LU.

I let the kids stay up late to hang out with us, but when they get tired, you don't really want them around a fire. They get a little loopy if you know what I mean.

Greta is such my child. She loved throwing sticks in that fire and just gazing off staring at it. I can't wait to do this again.

1 comment:

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

Nat, you always did love the fire! Great shot Greta! Love the Easter bunny ears too. Looks like you guys had fun.