Monday, April 12, 2010

Greenville Zoo

Last week, Bennett and Eden were in town and we took them to the zoo with us in Greenville, SC. Even in living in a big city, the nearest zoo's are still an hour and a half away in both directions but it was a beautiful day of 83 degrees and well worth the trip.
One of the reasons that made this trip so great was that we were able to meet up with Lindsay and her girls there too. The drive is just about the same for her from Georgia and this made for perfect middle meeting ground.
We have so many pictures from college like this, Lindsay scrunching down to my height. I have a picture of us with my tortise shell glasses and flourescent yellow hoodie on during one of our freshman year morning runs. If you would've told me 10 years later we'd still be the best of friends and I'd have a paci hanging from my shoulder, I probably would've believed it. It's just funny seeing it come to fruition.
Ella, Greta and Bennett

Eden and Will holding up my "new to me" Maclaren double stroller I bought at Goodwill for $35.00!! And no, I was not in need of a new double stroller, but these things are seriously like $300.00 normally and that was a deal I was not about to pass up.


I love Greta especially in this picture.



And the newest little member of the girls gang, Eden Elizabeth. She was born in January and was a sleeping beauty most of the trip.


Greta is pointing to the giraffes that she said were me and Adam. It must've been those long legs that made her think of me. ;)





I told Dad R. that he needed a yellow hat so he could be "the man in the yellow hat" from Curious George, Greta's current fave.

Eden Hope meets Eden Elizabeth.


Ella, Bennett and Greta made friends with some big girls under the playground set and played Barbie cards or something for a while. Either way they all came out wearing various shades of glitter lip gloss. Ha ha.


Hopefully this isn't a sign of the future, but Will really seems to like to be behind bars. He'll play back there and act stuck even when there's a giant opening next to him.


Now if only they had done this on the way there also...

I was seriously amazed at the monkeys. I have never seen them this active before and never knew that they had that amplifier on their throats. I could've watched them forever! They were so active!

1 comment:

The Nilsen Nest said...

Scorage on the stroller!! The zoo looks super fun! I think we're going this weekend with family to celebrate Audrey's birthday! Thanks for the pictures!