Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Last Girls Weekend

Jackie is getting ready to leave for good, so Lindsay, she and I all got together one last time a couple weeks ago. We laugh about how our girls weekends have morphed into one big giant play date, but it's easier just to bring them and our kids love it. First thing we did was go to a petting zoo.







Ella showed us how to wrangle a goat. I think she just gave him a noogie.


Will looks like such a big boy when he does stuff like this.



Blurry or not, I love how this pic turned out.







As I was pushing the stroller, moms would pass and smile after looking at my kids. I wondered why and saw this...Greta maxin' and relaxin'.



Not sure if it was because of girls weekend or not, but G was really into crossing her legs and being so proper. Here she is hanging with her BFF's. Or her "cousins" as she likes to call them. I correct her every time and she insists they are her cousins.



Will and Jack the labradoodle were great buds.


Sweet Cole



The kids were playing in the wading pool a lot and I saw Greta run around to the front. This is where she prefers to warm up. Smart girl.



Greta took this picture of Cole. I thought it was adorable.






Will, looking a little singled out.







Love this. :)


We all met in Richmond at Lindsay's mom's house. In college we used to refer to her as Mama Wasch and now Greta has taken to calling her "Grandmudder." It is the most precious thing. As Mrs. Wasch was getting ready to leave for work in the morning Greta would say, "I love you Grandmudder." Mrs. Wasch is so kind and always thinking of others. She hooked up the hose to the garage sink so the water would be nice and toasty for the kids. She also gave us a Barnes & Noble gift card so us girls could go get coffee and cheesecake one night.


Will saying "Shishie"




Sweet baby Eden.



Greta about to kill someone.



Sitting poolside, BFF's.


Right before the tearfest, BFF's.


Jackie leaves Wednesday to go overseas indefinitely. It is such a bittersweet thing knowing the Lord is leading her and Jay, but it's hard to say goodbye to such a great friend for the past 7 years. We make each other feel better by saying we'll skype. Looking forward to "Girls Weekend 2012". Love you Jack!

1 comment:

Bernie said...

love it nat! I like Will's "P diddy" shorts...I guess he wants to be a bad boy fa life