Friday, May 01, 2009

All Dressed Up

As promised, these are the dresses that I sewed all by myself......with Lindsay's help. :)
This cute little pattern she got off of Etsy.

She was getting antsy for this picture, but you get the idea. It's a skirt with two pockets. I love the look of pockets and she loves them too to put her cell phone in them. She'll walk around all day jabbering away on her play phone to Allum (Adam), shouts "No!" and then laughs hysterically. All in one of her pretend conversations. It is stinking hilarious. I often wonder if that's how I talk on the phone since she imitates everything else I do....

This is a pillowcase dress pattern Linds found for free online. Cute, but I need to trim the ribbon a bit since she looks like a turtle.

4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

so cute! how lucky she is to have such a crafty mommy! :)

Bridgette said...

turtle! Hilarious!

Too cute.

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

Please hand down to Elli when finished...

emily bennett said...

have you always sewed? i did it in high school, and think i could remember how to work a sewing machine. my sister just gave me her brand new one from my mom that she said she'll never use. i really want to put it to use, but i'm a teensie bit on the nervous side. i guess i need to get over that if i'm going to be stealing designs of yours to make dresses for Mecaden. any tips?
before i forget to mention: greta is just gorgeous. i love her sweet little face and the blonde hair. next time you come to town we'd love to play with you guys, i'm sure M and G would have so much fun running around.
ONE more thing: those pillow covers you made for your old place- did you "wing" it or did you have a pattern? loved it and want to do it, but again- my intimidated-by-sewing-again side got the best of me so I forked over like $60 on new pillows. i know- RIDICULOUS