Thursday, April 23, 2009

Step Aside 10th Grade Geometry...

The other day I pulled up to a stop sign, Greta looked out the window, pointed and said, "Yook! Ot da da!" (Look! Octagon!) Nice Greta! I was so excited and started calling my sisters and mom to make a big deal about it. Ever since then she's been pointing them all out. The only other shapes she recognizes by name right now is an oval and triangle. I've been going through flashcards with her, but that's the hard set of cards that up until now I didn't know she was understanding. It seems random to me for her first shapes to be an octagon, triangle and oval. What ever happened to the circle and square?

4 comments:

Meghan Laurin said...

I am so proud of that little munchkin!!!

Unknown said...

you know youre a good mom when you kid is learning these kind of things! good job nat!

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

Hilarious! Should I be teaching this to Finn? He says Fries when we mas McD's. Does that make me a good mom? :)

Kellee Flatt said...

Hi! Love it! I have junior highers that forget what an octagon is. :-)

So, off topic, will you the Renstrom clan be in the Charlotte area the weekend of June 12/13/14? Jer & I will be in Myrtle Beach the week before, and we were thinking about detouring if you guys were home. We weren't sure when the Ward family vacay happens.... anyway... thought I'd ask! Let me know when you can!