Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dat's a big bird

(said in the voice of Brian Fellows from SNL) :)

I wanted to make an Easter decoration that would last through the years. I thought it'd be hard to package up fragile eggs, so I decided to make them look like robin's eggs and plan to keep them out year round.
The first thing I did was poke a tiny hole in the top and bottom of the egg with a screw and blew out all of the egg. On Martha's website it says to use a little blower outer tool thing, but I just blew it out with my mouth like I was blowing up a balloon. My tonsils tingled, but it worked just fine. Then, I dyed the eggs in blue egg dye and sprayed brown acrylic paint on using on of Greta's old toothbrushes. They didn't have big enough nests at Michaels so I just bought Spanish moss to put them in. Voila!

No comments: