Tuesday, May 05, 2009

6 Months!

Will is 6 1/2 months old and he passed with flying colors at his 6 month check-up. Here are his stats:

Weight- 16 lbs, 11 oz (50%)

Height-28 1/4 inches (95%)

Head Circum- 16 3/4 (25-50%)

The doctor noticed that he was tri-podding which is what babies do right before they start sitting up on their own. I had to ask what that means and it's exactly as it sounds. As he sits up he leans forward and props himself up with his arms. Since that appt., he's starting to sit up for a little bit longer periods now but still falls over from time to time. Also, he's starting to get up on all 4's and rock back and forth! I'm not ready for a crawling baby and yet I'm still proud of this milestone. :)

My healthy beautiful boy! We thank God for him every day.


I am so thankful to have grandparents close for the help they provide with both Greta and Will on days like these!

Will is such a laid back sweet baby. I am starting to notice though him noticing me and crying when I don't pick him up. He is not picky about who is holding him, just as long as someone is paying him some attention. This picture says it best though when I say he likes his swing. I only buckled in one side and he slid around to hang off the side. He loves grabbing his feet and could play in that swing forever. He also has the best smile. It's so big, it lights up his whole face. Like a boy Julia Roberts smile. :)





He was 5 months old when I first tried rice cereal. Really, up until he turned 6 months, it was like a hunger switch got turned on. Before he used to spit it back out and now he eats whatever I feed him! (Except for green beans...we're still working on that one.) The boy loves banana's and sweet potatoes though!

And he LOVES his Ritz crackers!

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

Did you say "that reeks?" haha. if he were in AK mom would have him eating biter biscuits by now fo sho....

emily bennett said...

Nat! He is just SO precious. Love those big blue eyes. Hope you guys are doing well, miss seeing you!

The Nilsen Nest said...

Did you get that tank at the Goodwill!? I tried that same exact one on a month or so ago and wish I would have gotten it!!