Sunday, May 31, 2009

We're Outta Here!

We've been busy moving the last of our things out of Raleigh and have all of our things safely nestled into a little storage unit here in Charlotte. I'll be happy to have all of my things back in one place when this is all said and done! We signed the papers on the house in Raleigh so, as I like to say, the apron strings have been cut. It was bittersweet, just as I expected as we moved out our things from our sweet little home. Kinda sad to pack up and move out in the very beginning and SO happy to have it done and over with by the next day! Thanks again to all the college guys for helping out even though you don't read my blog. :)

Goodbye sidewalk in front of our house.

Greta pretty much looks the way I felt after it was all done. EXHAUSTED! I went to bed before 9:00 p.m. for the next two days.
Don't you just love this sweet little boy? I do.
The Charlotte farmhouse has hit some bumps in the road and our closing got pushed back 3 more weeks. Hopefully and prayerfully, this is the last of the unexpected and we can get things moving over there soon! I said it once and I'll say it again, Adam has been the best man for this job. He understands so much more than I do. I'm just waiting for the go-ahead to slap some paint on the walls and throw up some curtain rods, but he's having to figure out all of the hard details and I am so grateful for him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a nice place (project) you had there in raleigh...but, now on to bigger and better ones. cute pics of the kids and i like that truck. ramona

Katie said...

Man, those kiddos are sweet. Congrats on being out of the house!!

Katie said...

P.S. I used to always cruise from your blog to Bridg's by clicking on your link to B's blog. I can't find it anymore on your list. Where is it??

Kale Family News said...

I love the expression on Greta's face. It is sad to leave something you've invested so much time in. You gave it your best. It's also the home in which you brought both of your babies home to. Tender memories. Love, Mom